Deploying a web client to Win 2003 server, web edition

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Russ, Jun 19, 2004.

  1. Russ

    Russ Guest

    I am trying to deploy a web client to a new Windows 2003 Server, Web
    Edition via the lan, by using the Copy Project method from within
    Visual Studio. When I do, I get the following error:

    Unable to create Web project 'WebClient1'. Unable to validate that
    the file path '\\Web-1\C\Inetpub\wwwroot\WebClient1' matches the URL
    path 'http://Web-1/WebClient1'. Access is denied.

    The web site, WebClient1, was created on the server using IIS manager.
    I have full NTFS permissions in the destinaton directory, and can copy
    files there using windows explorer, so I don't think it is a
    permissions problem. In fact I can copy the project using windows
    explorer and the client will run on the web server, so the server
    works and appears to have necessary permissions.

    But I am unable to understand what the above error means and how to
    correct the problem so I can deploy the client.

    Help please?

    Thanks, Russ

    Russ, Jun 19, 2004

  2. Russ

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    If there is any firewall running on target machine try to disable it and
    deploy. I have that experience with such a scenario.

    HTH

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
    Mobile: +972-(0)52-8888377

    Natty Gur, Jun 20, 2004

  3. Russ

    Russ Guest

    Hello Natty. No, no firewall as the web server has a separate network
    card on the local lan. Of course there is a firewall on the internet
    side.

    Would like to know how to make this work, or at least find out why it
    doesn't, but in reality, using other copy tools gets the job done for
    me.

    Thanks for your input.

    Regards, Russ

    Russ, Jun 21, 2004