Deploying a web client to Win 2003 server, web edition

Russ

I am trying to deploy a web client to a new Windows 2003 Server, Web
Edition via the lan, by using the Copy Project method from within
Visual Studio. When I do, I get the following error:

Unable to create Web project 'WebClient1'. Unable to validate that
the file path '\\Web-1\C\Inetpub\wwwroot\WebClient1' matches the URL
path 'http://Web-1/WebClient1'. Access is denied.

The web site, WebClient1, was created on the server using IIS manager.
I have full NTFS permissions in the destinaton directory, and can copy
files there using windows explorer, so I don't think it is a
permissions problem. In fact I can copy the project using windows
explorer and the client will run on the web server, so the server
works and appears to have necessary permissions.

But I am unable to understand what the above error means and how to
correct the problem so I can deploy the client.

Help please?

Thanks, Russ

Russ

Hello Natty. No, no firewall as the web server has a separate network
card on the local lan. Of course there is a firewall on the internet
side.

Would like to know how to make this work, or at least find out why it
doesn't, but in reality, using other copy tools gets the job done for
me.

Thanks for your input.

Regards, Russ