    Also, this article seems to indicate that Norton Anti-Virus may be to blame here?

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;31614

    Has anyone else experienced this? How to your developers deploy ASP.Net applications?

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIE4=?=, Feb 4, 2004

  2. "Tom N" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Here's is our configuration:
    >
    > .Net Framework 1.1, Windows 2000, AppCenter 2000
    >
    > Our developers use XCOPY to deploy to the AppCenter NLB cluster

    (obviously, to the node that is the controller)

    > Scenario - they deploy Version 2.5 of Application "A" to the web server at

    8AM. The application is now live and in use. At 9AM they decide they need
    to deploy Version 2.6 of Application "B" They XCOPY all necessary files to
    the web server, overwriting the existing Application "A" Version 2.5, with
    Version 2.6. These are both "private" assemblies, as should be intuitive
    from the XCOPY nature of the deployment.

    > Problem - often, in this situation users of the early versions are

    dropped, disconnected, session is closed. It was my understanding that .Net
    would allow users already using the previous version to continue until
    finished. Is this true? Am I reading this wrong? Is this only true of
    shared assemblies in the GAC.

    > Also, this article seems to indicate that Norton Anti-Virus may be to

    blame here?

    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316148
    >
    > Has anyone else experienced this? How to your developers deploy ASP.Net

    applications?

    When certain files are changed, the web application is restarted. Among
    other things, when you change web.config (not user.config!) or the .dll of
    your web application, the application will restart.
    --
    John Saunders
    John.Saunders at SurfControl.com

    John Saunders, Feb 4, 2004

  3. Yes, that's what I figured, and that's what Norton AV seems to cause by scanning web.config.

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIE4=?=, Feb 4, 2004