deploying app with different

Kev

Hi -

I'm normally my app into a tomcat (5.5) installation by simply copying
my MyApp.war file into the web apps dir. Tomcat starts and explodes
the WAR file - nice & simple. But now I want to append version numbers
to the war file so the file name changes from MyApp.war -> MyApp-
v2.01.war. Of course, this now changes the app root context - which I
do not want.

I've search lots of places and can't find a simple solution to this.
Nothing in the deployment descriptor sees to work for me.

I can't believe I'm the only the only person who has come across this.
Am I missing something simple?

Thanks, Kevin.

Facade

Hi -

I'm normally my app into a tomcat (5.5) installation by simply copying
my MyApp.war file into the web apps dir. Tomcat starts and explodes
the WAR file - nice & simple. But now I want to append version numbers
to the war file so the file name changes from MyApp.war -> MyApp-
v2.01.war.  Of course, this now changes the app root context - which I
do not want.

I've search lots of places and can't find a simple solution to this.
Nothing in the deployment descriptor sees to work for me.

I can't believe I'm the only the only person who has come across this.
Am I missing something simple?

Thanks, Kevin.

I think you control the context paths via server.xml

--a

Arne Vajhøj

Kev said:
I'm normally my app into a tomcat (5.5) installation by simply copying
my MyApp.war file into the web apps dir. Tomcat starts and explodes
the WAR file - nice & simple. But now I want to append version numbers
to the war file so the file name changes from MyApp.war -> MyApp-
v2.01.war. Of course, this now changes the app root context - which I
do not want.

I've search lots of places and can't find a simple solution to this.
Nothing in the deployment descriptor sees to work for me.

I can't believe I'm the only the only person who has come across this.
Am I missing something simple?

I don't think you can do it web.xml - you will need to
define it in the context.

See:

Arne