Deploying ASP 2.0 Web Applications to Production and Session Stat

Guest

What is the effect of deploying asp.net 2.0 and the effect of session state
to the production application?

What happens when you xCopy any modified or new .vb or .cs class file from
the App_Code folder to the production App_code folder on the production
server? Is the user's session state preserved?

How about XCopying any .aspx and/or .asp.vb file to a Web Folder in
production? Any effect on session state?

Same question applies to the web.config file or global.asax file?

What we are trying to determine is the effect on a production ASP.net 2.0
web application when doing any type of deployment during prime time when the
users are active.

MSDN

My old understanding is:
Changing Web.config causes the Web application to restart
Normally, the system automatically detects changes to ASP.NET configuration
files. Usually the changes take effect after ASP.Net
processes all current requests, then it applies the new changes of
web.config to the new requests that are coming.

As for ASPX pages, I am not sure if it has the same effects.
You can deploy your web app without .cs or .vb files. All IL is in the
..dlls

SA