Deploying ASP.NET 2.0 project

Bendik Engebretsen

I have now worked with and ASP.NET 2.0 project based on the 'Personal WEB
site' starter kit for a couple of weeks. This morning I tried to deploy it
on our Windows 2003 Server here and open it in the browser. But I get a
'Configuration Error':

Unrecognized attribute: 'xmlns'

I suspect something is missing on server. Is there something I need to
install on the 2003 Server to host an ASP.NET 2.0 site ?

Bendik

Guest

No idea what err that represent for....

did u installed framework version 2.0? Also in IIS ----Applicaiton----right
click....Under ASP.Net tab....choose appropriate framework version.

With Best Regards
Naveen K S

Bendik Engebretsen

I have installed Visual Studio.NET 2005 Beta on my machine but not on the
server. I guess I should install the .NET 2.0 framework on the Win 2003
server ? Can I download it somewhere ?

Bendik

Guest

Hi...

Yes, you can install framework from MSDN site....but before that I have
question for you...is it a production server? if yes I wouuld suggest not to
install parallely with earlier version....moreover its not in RTM.

With Regards
Naveen K S

Bendik Engebretsen

Yes, it's a production server. But we're not using the .NET framework with
ASP.NET 1.1 on our official site. That's still pretty plain HTML. So I'm
just going to run some tests with the new framework for my personal site. I
think it should be pretty safe. Or do you know of any special dangers ?

Bendik

Guest

Thats fine.....I would suggest you to experiment on either local machine or
on VPC image.

If still you want to test on server, install version2.0 framework, from
IIS...right click on application name...properties.....you would find ASP.Net
tab......in that select appropriate framework version for your application....

HTH

With Regatrds
Naveen K S

Jim S

I have the same error message, but there is no ASP.NET tab. When I look
under C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework, there is no folder for .NET
2.0, but when I try to reinstall .NET 2.0, it tells me it is already
installed. I went to Add/Remove programs to try to uninstall, but only
1.0 and 1.1 are there.

Anyone have any ideas?