Deploying ASP Net to Server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by John, Mar 19, 2006.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hi,

    I am relatively new to ASP.NET and I'm having a problem with moving a simple
    application I wrote to a network web server. The application works find on
    my development work station and works on the network web server when I
    access using http:\\localhost\myapp or http:\\127.0.0.1. But I cannot
    access it remotely nor on the network web server once I change the localhost
    to the DNS or ip address of the server. If I enter
    http:\\198.168.1.45\myapp\main.aspx or http:\\ServerDSN\myapp\main.aspx they
    both give me the error below. There is only one directory in the app and it
    is configured as an application in IIS, to be sure I went ahead and
    configured the \bin direcotry as an application. In IIS the security is set
    fro Anonymous access. I tried changing this to Integrated Windows
    Authentication since I'm logged on a domain adminsitrator but still recevied
    the same error. I'm sure this is something simple, I would be grateful for
    any help.

    Regards,
    John

    in IIS.

    John, Mar 19, 2006

  2. you have to mark the virtual directory as an "application" in IIS - right
    click the dir in iis manager - and click the "create application" button
    on the "home directory" tab.

    ---------------------------------------
    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], Mar 19, 2006

  3. John

    John Guest

    I had already did that for both the application and the bin subdirectory.
    It didn't help.

    John

    John, Mar 19, 2006
  4. John

    John Guest

    Any other suggestions on this issue. I have already configured the Virtual
    Directory as an application and I still get the error. I even change the
    authentication to "None" in the web config file.

    Thanks,
    John

    John, Mar 20, 2006