Deploying ASP Net to Server

John

Hi,

I am relatively new to ASP.NET and I'm having a problem with moving a simple
application I wrote to a network web server. The application works find on
my development work station and works on the network web server when I
access using http:\\localhost\myapp or http:\\127.0.0.1. But I cannot
access it remotely nor on the network web server once I change the localhost
to the DNS or ip address of the server. If I enter
http:\\198.168.1.45\myapp\main.aspx or http:\\ServerDSN\myapp\main.aspx they
both give me the error below. There is only one directory in the app and it
is configured as an application in IIS, to be sure I went ahead and
configured the \bin direcotry as an application. In IIS the security is set
fro Anonymous access. I tried changing this to Integrated Windows
Authentication since I'm logged on a domain adminsitrator but still recevied
the same error. I'm sure this is something simple, I would be grateful for
any help.

Regards,
John

in IIS.

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

you have to mark the virtual directory as an "application" in IIS - right
click the dir in iis manager - and click the "create application" button
on the "home directory" tab.

John

I had already did that for both the application and the bin subdirectory.
It didn't help.

John

John

Any other suggestions on this issue. I have already configured the Virtual
Directory as an application and I still get the error. I even change the
authentication to "None" in the web config file.

Thanks,
John