Deploying/Copying project in VS.Net2.0

Sweety

I used to use the copy option(with Select the Only files needed to run
this application)
to copy a project whenever I do a build in VS.Net1.1. Whats the
equivalent of this in .Net2.0?
I have tried the publish option but it also copies all the source
files. I would appreciate it if someone can tell me a better way of
doing this.

Thanks a lot in advance

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
I used to use the copy option(with Select the Only files needed to run
this application)
to copy a project whenever I do a build in VS.Net1.1. Whats the
equivalent of this in .Net2.0?
I have tried the publish option but it also copies all the source
files. I would appreciate it if someone can tell me a better way of
doing this.

Thanks a lot in advance

I suppose you're talking about a web site, right?

In Studio 2005, you can deploy a web site with the following menus:

Website/Copy web site (menu only available for projects of type
"Website"): This opens a FTP type window where you can copy selected
files. This option is rather meant for publishing uncompiled CS files.

Build/Publish website: This will precompile your website and copy the
necessary files to a selected folder. This folder may also be remote
(FTP or HTTP). This should copy only necessary files.

HTH,
Laurent