deploying in debug vs release mode

Jason Shohet

I am getting an error when I compile a web setup project:
Could not find fild 'C:\...\obj\Release\myApp.dll'

In the Config Manager, I have the application set to 'Debug' -- not release.
Thats why there's no dll there in the Release folder. How do I tell my Web
Setup project to look in the debug folder, not the relase folder?

TY
Jason Shohet

Todd Derksen [MSFT]

Jason, what probably happened here, is you added the release version of the Project output of myApp.dll.
Remove the project output and re-add it to the setup project selecting the (Active) configuration, this will include whichever dlls you are building.

------
Todd Derksen - VBQA Deployment Testing