Deploying J2EE PetStore on a different port

Discussion in 'Java' started by Bon Bon, May 28, 2004.

  1. Bon Bon

    Bon Bon Guest

    I am trying to deploy the J2EE PetStore application with cloudscape
    running on port 2001 instead of the default port 1099. I have changed
    the Server configuration by modifying the resources.properties file
    for the database and have modified the cloudscape.bat file too.
    Cloudscape seems to be running fine on the new port and am able to use
    it otherwise.

    However, when I try to deploy the J2EE PetStore application (version
    1.3.2) there is an exception and it is not able to deploy. Looks like
    somehow it is still trying to go to the old (default) port.

    Has someone been able to successfully deploy the PetStore application
    while running cloudscape on a different port ? Any help in this matter
    would be really appreciated.

    Thanks,

    -- Bon Bon.
    Bon Bon, May 28, 2004

  2. Bon Bon

    Sudsy Guest

    Bon Bon wrote:
    <snip>
    > However, when I try to deploy the J2EE PetStore application (version
    > 1.3.2) there is an exception and it is not able to deploy. Looks like
    > somehow it is still trying to go to the old (default) port.

    <snip>

    One of the wonderful things about exceptions is that they usually
    include both a stack trace (so you can see where things went South)
    as well as a descriptive error message.
    Including them in your query would greatly improve the odds of you
    receiving a helpful response.
    Sudsy, May 28, 2004

  3. On Fri, 28 May 2004 00:26:47 -0400, Sudsy wrote:

    > One of the wonderful things about exceptions is that they usually
    > include both a stack trace (so you can see where things went South)
    > as well as a descriptive error message.

    E.G.
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exact>

    --