Deploying myapp.EAR in Oracle9i Application Server

news.amnet.net.au

Hi

I have created some simple jsp pages, then, in JDeveloper I chose New ->
Deployment Profiles -> EAR file, which created the myapp.deploy file, on
which I right-clicked with the mouse, choosing "deploy to EAR". This created
a myapp.EAR file for me.

On the Oracle server, I used the Web-based Oracle Enterprise Manager at
http://myserver:1810 first going to to the right application server, then
choosing "OC4J Home", then using the button "Deploy EAR file". I uploaded
the myapp.EAR file and went through the prompts (8 steps), choosing the
defaults (minimal security etc).

However, now I am not sure what to do after that - in the 8 steps I wasn't
asked me for a URL location for my ear so I am not even sure where to go.
Previously, when I deployed a WAR file (but I think this is wrong - in
JDeveloper I chose New -> Deployment Profiles -> War File - J2EE Web
module) it DID asked me for a base URL but when I tried to access that
location it kept stating "permission denied".

I assume I have to go to http://myserver:7777, perhaps to
http://myserver:7777/webapps as this is the Enterprise Manager and
presumably where my EAR file is deployed. But how do I get to the content of
my EAR file? And are there any security permissions that have to be set
before people can access the contents of the EAR file?

If someone could give me a detailed description on how to deploy an EAR,
using the http facilities of Oracle (web based OEM) that comes with
Oracle9i, I would be most grateful as I can't seem to get it to work. A
pointer to very detailed documentation pages would be very useful as well.

Thanks very much

Hugo

tojo

[...]

One of those 8 steps must have been "URL Binding" or "Map to URL" or
something like that. (I don't know for sure as I don't have it in front
of me). That is where you enter something like "/myapp", which is your
base URL. You should then be able to access the app with
"http://myserver:7777/myapp".

-- Tom

Stian

news.amnet.net.au said:
[...]

I sympathise with the agony Oracle is causing you, however in step 3
in the deployment process the title is "Deploy Application: URL
Mapping for Web Modules". If you type in "/test" here, it will be
deployed on http://myserver:7777/test (if you have not changed the
default port).

When I have Oracle problems, I usually find the answers on otn forums,
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/index.jsp

Best of luck!

Stian