deploying the websphere SOAP client in tomcat

Garg

Hi,

Basically I am tring to deploy the a project in tomcat which is been
developed in websphere and using SOAP client. I got the full war file.
I had deployed the project but I am not able to connect to the SOAP
server (not able to make soap calls). I try debuging the code and
found that application is using webservices.jar (I feel that this is
specific to websphere). I can't remove this.

Are you having any idea that a code using web services and developed
in websphere can be deployed in tomcat. If this is possible then what
all I need to do.

Tarun

Jan Thomä

. I try debuging the code and
found that application is using webservices.jar (I feel that this is
specific to websphere). I can't remove this.

Well two options here. Either make webservices.jar part of your web
application (if the Websphere license permits that), or change the code
so it does no longer rely on Websphere specific API.

Jan

Mike Schilling

Jan said:
Well two options here. Either make webservices.jar part of your web
application (if the Websphere license permits that), or change the
code so it does no longer rely on Websphere specific API.

Right. Unless there's something non-standard about the WebSphere web
service, you should be able to access it using an Axis client.