deploying to my host

Guest

hey all,
i have an application that uses ms access for it's db. the db resides in a
folder on the same level as my application folder. how can i access the db?
i've been trying to use server.mappath with no luck because i'm not sure if
you can go up a level from the app folder.

thanks,
rodchar

Michael Nemtsev

Hello rodchar,

MapPath is bounded by your virtual folder, so put you db withing it.

You can create another virtual folder for DB either new one or above current
one

r> hey all,
r> i have an application that uses ms access for it's db. the db resides
r> in a
r> folder on the same level as my application folder. how can i access
r> the db?
r> i've been trying to use server.mappath with no luck because i'm not
r> sure if
r> you can go up a level from the app folder.
r> thanks,
r> rodchar
---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche