deploying VWD app that uses ReportViewer control

Fred G. Sanford

Firstly, I am a fairly new .Net developer, so please excuse any
dumb/ignorant questions or comments. Thanks.

I created a VWD Express project, which uses the ReportViewer control,
on my local machine. I had to download the ReportViewer control from
MS and install it on my machine in order for this to work.

I have the project working on my local machine, but I am running into
some problems trying to deploy to another development server. It seems
the development server requires the ReportViewer Addin installed to be
able to run my code. Ok, when I try to install the Addin, it tells my
that it requires VWD Express to be loaded to be able to load the Addin.

I have VWD Express on a CD, but I don't have physical access to the
development server (I can get to it with Remote Desktop), and I am
having trouble copying all the files on the CD to a folder on the
development server.

My question is: do I need to load the full version of VWD and the
Reportviewer Addin to make this work? I found an article on MSDN that
said you can copy 3 DLLs (Microsoft.ReportViewer...dll) from your local
machine to the bin directory on the development server and this will
allow your ReportViewer project to work. Where is the "bin" directory?
I thought that in a normal Visual Studio 2005 ASP.Net project that
there was a bin directory that held the compiled DLLs, but I don't see
that for my VWD project.

TIA for any help/comments/direction
fgs