Deploying wrapped dlls

Dave

Hello

The application I'm building an installer for uses dlls which were
developed originally in C. Since the application itself is developed in
C#, these dlls were wrapped using SWIG. Initially, the machine
environment variables were set to enable code development; however, I
am facing problem deploying the application. To work with these wrapped
libraries, the application seems to access a specific dll, for
instance, let's say the C assembly name is A.dll, it seems to be making
attempts at invoking its wrapped version, Awrapped.dll.

In the case of my application though, this invocation is producing a
DLLNotFound exception. If the installer sets the environment variables,
then the application is able to pick up the wrapped dlls. If, however,
the path to these wrapped dlls is specified in the application
configuration file as <probing privatePath = "..." />, the dlls are not
found.

I don't have the source code for these dlls. Initially, I had thought
that if somehow I could get access to the source code, I would be able
to strongly name the dlls and then wrap them. Perhaps that would have
allowed me to use assembly binding policies to find the specific dlls.
But now I think even that would not have helped.

Is there a special method for deploying wrapped dlls? Could someone
tell me if this problem is being cause because of the dlls being
wrapped?

Thanks