Deployment of a WebApp that uses Word 10.0 via Interop.Word.dll object - How do I register the COM??

Luis Esteban Valencia

I have a WebApplication (ASP.NET) that uses Word 2000 (COM , via
Interop.Word.dll).
I want to deploy it to a computer, but Word is not installed there.

I tried to register the MSWORD.OLB (and his dependencies) with regsvr32
I keep getting the same error: invalid DLL

what should I do??

Then once , it will be registered should I re-reference my references?

Thanks,

:(

William F. Robertson, Jr.

You will need to install Word on the machine you want to use. When you use
interop, it will start the process, so word must be installed.

bill

Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Is there any other way we can make the Word Automation work on the server, without installing the whole Office package on the serve? Can we just register the required dlls on the server and make the Word Automation work?