Deployment of asp.net bin files to remote virtual directories?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?U2hlcndvb2Q=?=, Mar 28, 2005.

  1. Hi, I've seen a couple of similar posts, but none of the replies have
    resolved my problem yet, so here goes:

    I have an application written in c# using visual studio that does a basic
    directory search and posts results to a datagrid. Fairly simple. I'm using
    code behind pages and as long as I use a virtual directory that points to a
    local (D:) location, I'm good (that's how I'm developing currently).

    Now I want to move my code to a remote file share and point a virtual
    directory to it. When not using code behind, I can load files no problem.
    When using code behind, I'm seeing the following error:

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'app.webform'.

    Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="app.aspx.cs"
    AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="app.webform" %>
    Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
    Line 3: <HTML>

    Like many others, I don't want to have to convert all my code behind code to
    inline.

    I've attempted to create a local bin, but with no success. I've seen one
    recommendation to install IIS on the remote machine, I'd rather not do that
    if possible. Does anyone have a good strategy for getting this to work?

    Thanks,

    Sherwood

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hlcndvb2Q=?=, Mar 28, 2005