Deployment-Problem using J2EE 1.4

bebonights

Hi folks,

I'm having a problem with the J2EE-SDK 1.4 (WindowsXP). I have
installed j2sdk-1_4_2_02 as required by the J2EE-SDK. Pre-packaged
Applications of the Tutorial (such as the Bookstore-Sample) work fine.

Now I'm trying to package the Converter-Sample-Application of the
Tutorial using deploytool. Creating the ConverterApp.ear-File is no
problem. But when I create the Appliction-Client using the Wizard (as
described in the Tutorial), the client simply is not created in the
Application (no entry in the Tree is shown). Creating a
Standalone-Client in the same way works (it produces a Tree-entry),
but when I try to save the Application-JAR, I receive a Popup-Window
reporting a "SaxParseException: Premature end of File" and a corrupt
Application-JAR. I have the feeling that deploytool produces an empty
Deployment-Descriptor...

Has anybody dealt with the same Problem? What should I do? Thanks for
your answers in advance.