    and I've only found references, but no details or examples.

    TIA

    Brad

    Brad Markisohn, Jul 30, 2003

  2. Brad Markisohn

    Jack Liu Guest

    There is a trick to modify the ProductName,Manufacturer

    If you right click the setup project name, then select properties. you
    get the project property pages, it contains configuration, not the
    real properties page.

    To work around,see the following example
    Go to View --> Interface, right click Welcome, select properties
    window, leave it open, click the setup project name. See what is in
    the properties window.

    I am wondering why Microsoft do so.

    > If I create a Visual Studio deployment project, everything works except the
    > software is loaded in:
    > C:\PROGRAM FILES\DEFAULT COMPANY NAME\PROJECT NAME
    > How do I specify a company name?

    Bill,
    In the Solution Explorer window, select the setup project,
    then set the Manufacturer and Product Name properties.

    You will note that these values are used in the Applications Folder's
    DefaultLocation property:
    [ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]

    Jack Liu, Aug 7, 2003