Deployment Question

Brad Markisohn

I need to deploy a multi-project windows app. solution that uses OLEDB.
I'll need to install the dotnet framework and the MDAC as part of the overal
installation. Is there a way to do this using the dotnet supplied
deployment project? If not, are there alternative installation packages
that will allow me to do this. I've scanned through the MSDN for deployment
and I've only found references, but no details or examples.

TIA

Brad

Jack Liu

There is a trick to modify the ProductName,Manufacturer

If you right click the setup project name, then select properties. you
get the project property pages, it contains configuration, not the
real properties page.

To work around,see the following example
Go to View --> Interface, right click Welcome, select properties
window, leave it open, click the setup project name. See what is in
the properties window.

I am wondering why Microsoft do so.

If I create a Visual Studio deployment project, everything works except the
software is loaded in:
C:\PROGRAM FILES\DEFAULT COMPANY NAME\PROJECT NAME
How do I specify a company name?

Bill,
In the Solution Explorer window, select the setup project,
then set the Manufacturer and Product Name properties.

You will note that these values are used in the Applications Folder's
DefaultLocation property:
[ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]