DeployTool for ASP.Net?

Martin

Hi,

Is there a simple deploy tool available for asp.net?

I know it's basically an xcopy operation.

What I want is a simple app, I can configure with source and destination
directories.
It should scan the source recursively for files matching a spec I also
configure (eg. *.aspx,*.ascx,*.dll) possilbly with a later than date
criteria also.
List those found, allow me to tick/untick those found, and click deploy,
where upon they are copied to the destination dir

I know it sounds simple to do by hand, but it is very error prone.

TIA
Martin

Martin

I only want to copy files newer than a specified date - for updating a live
site with fixes.

Martin

Kevin Schneider

Have you looked at ANT? It may not satisfy your "simple" requirement,
but it is very powerful. I think it started life sort of for the Java
world, but the latest version has a bunch of stuff to support .NET
apps and web sites.

Martin

Hi Kevin,

I've used ant for my open source projects. I wanted something interactive
(GUI) so I've written a simple .Net Windows application.

Thanks
Martin