    ashred assemblies.

    Many Tanks in advance

    Philip
    Phi!, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Phi! wrote:

    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I am looking into deploying this ASP.NET application which uses a
    > number of private and public assemblies.
    >
    > When I compile the apllication does that automatically copy the public
    > assemblies from the GAC or do I have to do this manually.
    >
    > I must explicity have this public assemblies within my own application
    > as it will be deplyed to another computer which might not have the
    > ashred assemblies.
    >
    > Many Tanks in advance
    >
    > Philip

    If you are deploying to other machines with .NET, then you do not have
    to deploy the public (I assume you mean System.*) assemblies.

    All assemblies that are not provided as part of the .NET base install
    have to be redistributed with your application. Compiling simply
    compiles your code into assemblies and doesn't incorporate any other
    assemblies in them (there is no linker in .NET to do this).

    --
    Philip Q
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
    Philip Q [MVP], Apr 23, 2004