Depracated HTML Features

Doug Mazzacua

I read recently that many HTML formatting features have been
officially "depracated", and eventually may not be supported by
browsers.

How soon is this anticipated to happen, and wouldn't the result be a
revolt against the new web browsers that rendered so many older sites
useless, ugly or unviewable?

Center For Practical Self Defense
Riverside, California
www.centerforpracticalselfdefense.com

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=

Doug said:
I read recently that many HTML formatting features have been
officially "depracated", and eventually may not be supported by
browsers.

How soon is this anticipated to happen, and wouldn't the result be a
revolt against the new web browsers that rendered so many older sites
useless, ugly or unviewable?

It means that although it may or may not work properly in the current
version of HTML you're using, you should change your practice of using
deprecated elements and try to use replacement elements or tactics
instead of the deprecated element.

Definition of the term:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deprecation

Jim Higson

Doug said:
I read recently that many HTML formatting features have been
officially "depracated", and eventually may not be supported by
browsers.

How soon is this anticipated to happen

Browsers tend to be pragmatically designed and go to great lengths not to
break existing pages. I can't imagine a mainstream browser removing
features while those features are still in general use.

Having said that, features are deprecated for a reason, usually because a
much better way exists.