descript string using classic asp ?

bitshift

Im about to write some asp.net code that needs to communicate with a
classic (old) asp page on a remote server. I have two choices, either do a
https post with form data, or encrypt a querystring before letting the user
click on it. For the encrypted querystring, the classic asp page would then
have to decrypt the string.

What are my options if I go with using an encrypted querystring ? I
suggested the other party build an VB6 component that is called from their
asp page, to handle the description.

If I go the https route, I will need a copy of the remote sites, server
certificate in order to make the connection and post.

thoughts or suggestions please...

Kevin Frey

I'm not really sure what you're trying to achieve. Why do you need to
ENCRYPT a query string? Is this because you want to obfuscate the data so
the user can't see what you are sending (in the query string) to the other
server?

I'd just use a form post - this is then somewhat like a web service call.

If you use HTTPS you don't need the server's certificate. HTTPS and its
encryption is intended to protect the data from "in the middle" viewers.