Deserialization error

tshad

Where does this error come from and what causes it?

Possible Version mismatch. Type FtsData.Position has 142 members, number of
members deserialized is 102.

I did find a post that refers to serializing in asp.net 1.1 and
deserializing in asp.net 1.0. But that isn't the case here - I am just
doing a post back.

I am doing doing something like the following where Position is the object I
am serializing. I am either creating the object or getting the object from
my session variable. I then put the Session into a Session variable
whenever I leave the page.:
<script runat="server">
Dim newPosition as Position

Sub Page_Load(sender as Object, e as EventArgs)
if not IsPostBack
Dim sTest as string = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")
if (sTest = "") ORELSE (sTest.SubString(sTest.LastIndexOf("/")+1) <>
"job_posting_new2.aspx") then
newPosition = new Position
session.Remove("newPosition")
PositionID.Text = 0
else
newPosition = session("newPosition")
end if
end if
end sub

Sub Page_PreRender(ByVal Sender As Object, ByVal E As EventArgs)
session("newPosition") = newPosition
End Sub

How could there be different numbers of objects?

Thanks,

Tom