deserialize xml into object

Guest

Hi all, is there anyway I can de-serialize XML back into my custom object in
VB? I am supposed to receive serialized XML via a https post and it would be
nice if I can de-serialize it and then work with the object rather than XML.

TIA!

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Param,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
As for the deserializing xml into object question. I'm not sure how did you
used to generate those XML document? Are you using the .NET's XmlSerializer
class? If so, we can also use the XmlSerializer class to deserialize xml
content into .net class instances. The XmlSerializer can be used in both
C# or VB.NET ....

#XmlSerializer.Deserialize Method
frlrfsystemxmlserializationxmlserializerclasstopic.asp

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: <[email protected]>
| Subject: deserialize xml into object
| Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:38:56 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
|
| Hi all, is there anyway I can de-serialize XML back into my custom object
in
| VB? I am supposed to receive serialized XML via a https post and it would
be
| nice if I can de-serialize it and then work with the object rather than
XML.

| TIA!

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

You're welcome Param,

If there're anything else unclear or need help, please feel free to post
here.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: deserialize xml into object
| Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 08:25:17 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
|
| Thanks for the Link. Will check it out.
|
| | > Hi Param,
| >
| > Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
| > As for the deserializing xml into object question. I'm not sure how did
| > you
| > used to generate those XML document? Are you using the .NET's
| > XmlSerializer
| > class? If so, we can also use the XmlSerializer class to deserialize
xml
| > content into .net class instances. The XmlSerializer can be used in
both
| > C# or VB.NET ....
| >
| > #XmlSerializer.Deserialize Method

| > frlrfsystemxmlserializationxmlserializerclasstopic.asp
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: deserialize xml into object
| > | Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:38:56 -0600
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
| > |
| > | Hi all, is there anyway I can de-serialize XML back into my custom
| > object
| > in
| > | VB? I am supposed to receive serialized XML via a https post and it
| > would
| > be
| > | nice if I can de-serialize it and then work with the object rather
than
| > XML.
| > |
| > | TIA!