    I'm trying to learn more here :)

    Thanks,
    Divyang M

    Divyang M, Apr 22, 2005

  2. Divyang M wrote:

    > I have created three buffers components (bufferA, bufferB, bufferC)of
    > varying lengths and instantiate bufferA inside MyEntity. Now, I want
    > to create another instance of MyEntity but use bufferB instead of
    > bufferA.
    >
    > Is there a way that I can use some configuration script in the VHDL
    > file to let it know which buffer to instantiate?

    What about a generic parameter and using the if-generate statement?

    If bufferA and bufferB have the same entity, you may also use one entity
    and two architectures, while a VHDL configuration specifies which one
    has to be chosen.

    Ralf

    Ralf Hildebrandt, Apr 22, 2005

  3. Divyang M

    Divyang M Guest

    Hi Ralf,

    Using if-generate statements with generics did the job.

    Thanks,
    Divyang

    Divyang M, Apr 22, 2005