    and the Flyweight.

    Thank you in advance,
    Tim
    Tim Smith, Dec 15, 2004

  2. > Dear All,

    > Silly question, but I am having trouble understanding the diagram on the
    > inside back cover entitled "Design Pattern Relationships." It shows the
    > relationships between all of the design patterns. Unfortunately, the book
    > doesn't exactly explain what it all means. Although it looks very
    > pretty -
    > would anyone give me some background on its usefulness? For example is it
    > just illustrating how different patterns come together to solve problems.

    Yes.

    The term 'pattern language' is sometimes used to describe a set of patterns
    that work together to provide an architecture.

    Kurt Krueckeberg, Dec 15, 2004

  3. Tim Smith

    Tim Smith Guest

    Ok, understood. But how do I read this diagram. That is, are you saying
    that
    whenever I use a Factory pattern, there is most likely a Template involved?

    What is the diagram trying to say? That is all I want to know.

    Tim Smith, Dec 15, 2004