design patterns - Maze examples

yb

Hi,

I just started reading design patterns and looking at the Lexi example.
I'm very new to this so please bear with me.

I understand the Decorator pattern, but a bit confused by the Maze
example used for creational patterns. Is this example a bit contrived?
I would have thought a decorator pattern would make more sense instead
of deriving mazes with different attributes.

Anyway, just seemed to me the example is not good practice but just
made to illustrate the point on how to apply creational patterns??
hope my question makes sense.

Victor Bazarov

yb said:
I just started reading design patterns and looking at the Lexi example.
I'm very new to this so please bear with me.

I understand the Decorator pattern, but a bit confused by the Maze
example used for creational patterns. Is this example a bit contrived?
I would have thought a decorator pattern would make more sense instead
of deriving mazes with different attributes.

Anyway, just seemed to me the example is not good practice but just
made to illustrate the point on how to apply creational patterns??
hope my question makes sense.

Is there a C++ _language_ question here somewhere? Please consider
'comp.software.patterns' for your general patterns questions.

roberts.noah

Victor said:
Is there a C++ _language_ question here somewhere? Please consider
'comp.software.patterns' for your general patterns questions.

There is also a general OO group somewhere but I forget its name.