Design question for the WebService Experts...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Happy Camper, Apr 27, 2004.

  1. Happy Camper

    Happy Camper Guest

    Hypothetical Question...

    If I knew I had a service that will provide 100 web methods and
    I know that they could be grouped into (e.g., 5) logical namespaces.

    Would it be better to

    1) Create 5 webServices and connect to them all to invoke all the needed web
    methods or
    2) Create a single WebService and call all the methods I need.

    While option 1) makes more sense from a logical and design (purist) point of
    view,
    option 2 may be more scaleable.

    Comments?
    Any documentation on the preferred design for this type of question?

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

    Rick

    Happy Camper, Apr 27, 2004