Design Recipes for FPGAs by Wilson - Opinions of book?

max w.

Does anyone have any opinions on this book? It was recommended by
Clive Maxwell.
On Amazon there was only one review and while positive it said there
were a good
few mistakes. I emailed the professor at his college about a month ago
to see if
he had a site that kept track of the mistakes. He hasn't responded
yet, most likely
on holiday. I have done well with cookbook type texts, so that is why
I'm interested.
Any opinions appreciated.
Pete O.

blackpadme

Does anyone have any opinions on this book? It was recommended by
Clive Maxwell.
On Amazon there was only one review and while positive it said there
were a good
few mistakes. I emailed the professor at his college about a month ago
to see if
he had a site that kept track of the mistakes. He hasn't responded
yet, most likely
on holiday. I have done well with cookbook type texts, so that is why
I'm interested.
Any opinions appreciated.
                                Pete O.

I don't like these book very much because the errors it has. I think
it style is not serious and you can find the same material in
internet, but download it and read some chapter before you buy it. I
can recommend you two better books: Advanced FPGA Design:
Architecture, Implementation, and Optimization (examples in verilog)
and VHDL Coding Styles and Methodologies.

smqasim

I don't like these book very much because the errors it has. I think
it style is not serious and you can find the same material in
internet, but download it and read some chapter before you buy it. I
can recommend you two better books: Advanced FPGA Design:
Architecture, Implementation, and Optimization (examples in verilog)
and VHDL Coding Styles and Methodologies.

This book has lot of errors and mistakes.
It is one of the most unprofessionally written book I have ever seen
on this subject.
I am regretting buying this book.
So I would not recommend this book. It is better to buy some other
book, there are plenty of them.

Syed

georgek2000

Does anyone have any opinions on this book? It was recommended by
Clive Maxwell.
On Amazon there was only one review and while positive it said there
were a good
few mistakes. I emailed the professor at his college about a month ago
to see if
he had a site that kept track of the mistakes. He hasn't responded
yet, most likely
on holiday. I have done well with cookbook type texts, so that is why
I'm interested.
Any opinions appreciated.
                                Pete O.

You may also consider "FPGA Prototyping by VHDL Examples." See the
review below

http://electronicdesign.com/Articles/Index.cfm?AD=1&ArticleID=18133

HTH

George K.