    I'm interested.
    Any opinions appreciated.
    Pete O.
    max w., Sep 1, 2008

  2. max w.

    blackpadme Guest

    On 2 sep, 04:26, "max w." <> wrote:
    > Does anyone have any opinions on this book? It was recommended by
    > Clive Maxwell.
    > On Amazon there was only one review and while positive it said there
    > were a good
    > few mistakes. I emailed the professor at his college about a month ago
    > to see if
    > he had a site that kept track of the mistakes. He hasn't responded
    > yet, most likely
    > on holiday. I have done well with cookbook type texts, so that is why
    > I'm interested.
    > Any opinions appreciated.
    >                                 Pete O.

    I don't like these book very much because the errors it has. I think
    it style is not serious and you can find the same material in
    internet, but download it and read some chapter before you buy it. I
    can recommend you two better books: Advanced FPGA Design:
    Architecture, Implementation, and Optimization (examples in verilog)
    and VHDL Coding Styles and Methodologies.
    blackpadme, Sep 1, 2008

  3. max w.

    smqasim Guest

    On Sep 1, 11:22 pm, blackpadme <> wrote:
    > On 2 sep, 04:26, "max w." <> wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone have any opinions on this book? It was recommended by
    > > Clive Maxwell.
    > > On Amazon there was only one review and while positive it said there
    > > were a good
    > > few mistakes. I emailed the professor at his college about a month ago
    > > to see if
    > > he had a site that kept track of the mistakes. He hasn't responded
    > > yet, most likely
    > > on holiday. I have done well with cookbook type texts, so that is why
    > > I'm interested.
    > > Any opinions appreciated.
    > >                                 Pete O.

    > I don't like these book very much because the errors it has. I think
    > it style is not serious and you can find the same material in
    > internet, but download it and read some chapter before you buy it. I
    > can recommend you two better books: Advanced FPGA Design:
    > Architecture, Implementation, and Optimization (examples in verilog)
    > and VHDL Coding Styles and Methodologies.

    This book has lot of errors and mistakes.
    It is one of the most unprofessionally written book I have ever seen
    on this subject.
    I am regretting buying this book.
    So I would not recommend this book. It is better to buy some other
    book, there are plenty of them.

    Syed
    smqasim, Sep 2, 2008
  4. Mike Treseler, Sep 2, 2008
  5. max w.

    Guest

    On Sep 1, 2:26 pm, "max w." <> wrote:
    > Does anyone have any opinions on this book? It was recommended by
    > Clive Maxwell.
    > On Amazon there was only one review and while positive it said there
    > were a good
    > few mistakes. I emailed the professor at his college about a month ago
    > to see if
    > he had a site that kept track of the mistakes. He hasn't responded
    > yet, most likely
    > on holiday. I have done well with cookbook type texts, so that is why
    > I'm interested.
    > Any opinions appreciated.
    >                                 Pete O.

    You may also consider "FPGA Prototyping by VHDL Examples." See the
    review below

    http://electronicdesign.com/Articles/Index.cfm?AD=1&ArticleID=18133

    HTH

    George K.