    --

    vim -c ":%s.^.CyrnfrTfcbafbeROenzSZbbyranne.|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"

    http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305 Best of Vim Tips

    zzapper, Jun 28, 2004

  2. zzapper wrote:

    > As a techie I'll never be able to create a really good visual design

    It can be done!

    I am not naturally a design person, but I can, with a bit of effort,
    create a nice design. The secrets seem to be:

    - Forget the microfont crowd -- big fonts look nice;

    - White space is very important -- don't let things look
    cramped together (wide left and right margins arew nice);

    - Use borders, headings and the occasional decorative image to
    break things up; and

    - Choose your colours wisely
    See: http://www.pixy.cz/apps/barvy/index-en.html

    Fancy artwork doesn't really have to come into it.

    Snazzy: http://www.hardcandy.org/

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Jun 28, 2004

  3. zzapper

    Kris Guest

    In article <>,
    Toby A Inkster <> wrote:

    > The secrets seem to be:

    Add to that: beauty is the result of what you leave out, not what you
    add.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)

    Kris, Jun 28, 2004
  4. zzapper

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <4all.nl>,
    erlands says...
    > > The secrets seem to be:

    > Add to that: beauty is the result of what you leave out, not what you
    > add.

    Much like me and clothing
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Jun 29, 2004
  5. zzapper

    Els Guest

    Whitecrest wrote:

    > In article
    > <4all.nl>,
    > erlands says...
    >> > The secrets seem to be:

    >> Add to that: beauty is the result of what you leave out,
    >> not what you add.

    > Much like me and clothing

    LOL

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Jun 29, 2004
  6. zzapper

    zzapper Guest

    Do you know I've Googled for a website proposing standard Home Page Templates without luck, a
    billion advice websites. I know it sounds lazy, but I just don't have the time to do original look
    and feel designs for small budget clients. I guess I'll just have to borrow somebody else's homepage

    zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)

    zzapper, Jun 29, 2004
  7. zzapper wrote:
    > Do you know I've Googled for a website proposing standard Home Page Templates without luck, a
    > billion advice websites. I know it sounds lazy, but I just don't have the time to do original look
    > and feel designs for small budget clients. I guess I'll just have to borrow somebody else's homepage

    perhaps you have a problem with google : there are millions of free
    templates around and on offer on the web
    for FP their are called themes
    for dreamweaver templates
    I have seen skeletons

    Good luck try "free"in youe search string
    and perhaps RT(F)M on how to find things in google ....

    collect urls from this newsgroup -> and you'll have a collection from
    here to eternity and back !!!
    HHGTG

    derek

    derek giroulle, Jun 29, 2004
  8. zzapper

    Frogleg Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:37:42 +0100, zzapper <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >As a techie I'll never be able to create a really good visual design, however as I'm only ever
    >creating websites for smaller companies/organisations, I don't actually need anything really fancy.
    >
    >Is there a website that offers a set of templates for different designs/standard designs
    >zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)

    from a Google on:

    free frontpage themes

    http://www.freefpthemes.com/index.html

    from a Google on:

    free web templates

    http://freesitetemplates.com/

    Frogleg, Jun 30, 2004
  9. zzapper

    zzapper Guest

    On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:18:13 GMT, wrote:

    >On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:37:42 +0100, zzapper <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>As a techie I'll never be able to create a really good visual design, however as I'm only ever
    >>creating websites for smaller companies/organisations, I don't actually need anything really fancy.
    >>
    >>Is there a website that offers a set of templates for different designs/standard designs
    >>zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)

    >from a Google on:
    >
    >free frontpage themes
    >
    >http://www.freefpthemes.com/index.html