    cheers
    --
    PeterW
    PeterW, Mar 29, 2006

  2. PeterW

    Guest

    Not answering your question directly but I'd check whether your vendor
    has a 2.0 (VS 2005) version of the same control. In our case the two
    3rd party control we used were upgraded without cost.

    Cheers.
    , Mar 29, 2006

  3. Hi PeterW,

    I think the problem is likely due to the incompatibility of the design-time
    interfaces between ASP.NET 1.X/VS 2003 and ASP.NET 2.0/vs 2005. For
    ASP.NET webcontrol, it contains both runtime and design-time interfaces.
    Generally, the runtime interfaces hasn't changed much from 1.1 to 2.0,
    however, since design-time interfaces and feature depend on the VS IDE, so
    it has varied much from vs 2003 to vs 2005. So the design-time error you
    encountered on that 3rd party control is likely caused by some vs 2003
    specific design-time code that broke in vs 2005 environment. I also suggest
    you contact the webcontrol's vendor company to see whether they'll provide
    a VS 2005 specific one.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Community Support