Design Time Support

Zviki Goldberg

Hi..

I need to know in design time in ASP.NET inside a control (for ex), who is
the Page that contain him. I tried to use the Pae property or the Parent
property but they are NULL.
I need tha page type or namr or something like that.

Is it possible ??

Thanks a lot

Zviki.

Rick Strahl [MVP]

Zviki,

I don't think so. The problem is that the page is basically a handler and
the handler is not really running. the DesignTime is only simulating a page
and firing off a few select events on each control (OnInit, Render
specifically).

Your best approach is most likely to check for designtime mode and dispay
information specifically for that. You can do this by checking
HttpContext.Current for null - if it's null you're in design time.

+++ Rick ---

--

Rick Strahl
West Wind Technologies

Zviki Goldberg

Hi

I need to go the the resource of the ASP.NET page and update it in design
time. Therefore, I need the page type or the page name which the control is
in.

Do you have maybe other ideas ??

Thanks..
Zviki