Design Toolbar disabled (as well as much of Format menu)

Jeff Cooper

Hi Folks,

Well, this evening I finally started diving into the world of aspnet. And
for my first of I'm sure many silly questions (apologies in advance) ...

Why is the design toolbar, as well several commands under the Format menu,
disabled when I'm in the design view of a Webform? For example, I have an
image I dropped on the form. I'd like to center it. Do I have to flip over
to the html view to manually enter <center> tags around it?

(OK, it's been a long day, maybe I'm just tired and not seeing the obvious.)

Thanks,

Jeff

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Welcome to the technology! You'll find a great group around here with a good
atmosphere.

If you move off the image control by clicking the cursor-right key, does the
text centre (the one with the lines) toolbar button come alive for you?

Ken

--

Important: Patch Windows *beyond* Blaster.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-039.asp