Design View Not Responding when using Master Page

Braveheart

Open a new web form and switch to design view no problems.
When the new web form uses my master page and I switch to design view,
VS2008 crashes with 'Not Responding'.

I use virtual machines and I get the same problem on a virgin VS2008 Team
developer edition and I've also tried the latest hotfix.

Searching the web, others have reported this issue but I have not seen a
solution. My temporary solution is to design in a non-master page linked web
form and copy across the content into the placeholder when done. Not ideal.

Any help appreciated.

clintonG

I'm not having any problems in this context using VS2008 with 2.0
MasterPages. Perhaps it only occurs when targeting 3.0 or 3.5? If you could
target 2.0 VS2008 may become stable. Who knows how some fool touched the
code? My experience with this company's software suggests the premise is not
so far fetched.

Bill Wallace

Targeted 2.0. Had to move all references to linq. Still same problem. Thanks
for suggestion.