Design view takes forever to display

cowznofsky

I just got a new lenovo laptop. It has a 2G processor and 4G of
memory.
When I go to an aspx page in VS2005 and try to open design view, it
crawls.
I can watch at the bottom of the screen, "Creating control
'lblPassword'", for example, as it goes through the controls. Even a
simple screen could take a minute to paint. More complicated ones
hang VS.

Any ideas?

George

Check an event log....
Any other perfomance problems like when browsing internet for example
I had something simmilar when hard drive was bad...(actually the connector
was lose).

George.