    GetType(System.Drawing.Design.UITypeEditor)

    Any ideas why I'm missing this or how to obtain it?
    Thanks.
    Troy, Dec 13, 2004

  2. "Troy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am missing the System.Web.Ui.Designer class from intellisense. When I
    > debug it the IDE also indicates that it is missing. I'm referencing it in
    > this statement: Editor(GetType(System.Web.UI.Design.ImageUrlEditor),
    > GetType(System.Drawing.Design.UITypeEditor)
    >
    > Any ideas why I'm missing this or how to obtain it?

    Are you referencing the assembly this class is a part of?

    John Saunders
    John Saunders, Dec 13, 2004

  3. Troy

    Waynes-world Guest

    Hi,

    I'm having the same problem - I'm trying to reference System.Web.UI.Design,
    but all I can get is:
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls and
    System.Web.UI.WebControls

    I'm on VS2003 (C#) on Win2k server (fully sp'd). My colleague is running on
    XP (same install of VS.NET) and he gets the option of System.Web.UI.Design

    Any ideas would be appreciated as I need to implement a UrlEditor within my
    composite control.

    Waynes-world, May 12, 2005
  4. Troy

    Gary K Guest

    Greetings & Salutations,

    This one is a simple one (but only with hindsite, it still took me a while
    to work it out)

    You need to add a reference in your project to the "System.Design.dll" file.
    Simply select "Add Reference" from the "Project" menu (if you are using
    VS.NET IDE) and on the ".NET" tab look for the "System.Design.dll" file and
    select it.

    This also adds other Design namespaces to your project.

    Gary K, Jun 8, 2005