    in our scenario.

    thanks
    -L

    Learner, Jan 10, 2006

  2. Learner,

    I thought these two books contained alot of good information: Improving .NET
    Application Performance and Scalability -
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...4168-8479028?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=283155
    and Building Secure Microsoft ASP.NET Applications -
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...103-6254168-8479028?s=books&v=glance&n=283155.
    I believe all/most of the articles are available on www.microsoft.com/msdn,
    but it's nice having them all in one place.

    --
    -brians
    http://www.limbertech.com

    =?Utf-8?B?YnJpYW5zW01DU0Rd?=, Jan 10, 2006

  3. Learner

    Learner Guest

    HI Brians,
    Thank you for the replay. I will buy those books asap. I also looked
    at your website and its interesting to know that you are very
    knowledgeble in developing web application using ASP.NET. I also need
    one more suggestion. We are working on developing a brand new web
    application for our business. The application is still in requirements
    gathering phase. We are planning on developing this web application
    using ASP.NET 2.0 and Sqlserver 2005. Whats would be your say on this?
    As far as our comfortability in using the new asp.net 2.0 is we
    downloaded VWD and listen the free video demos @
    www.learnvisualstudio.net. We are kinda ok with it and made our minds
    using the new asp.net 2.0 and buying visual studio 2005 and sql server
    2005. Please provide your valueble inputs on this.
    thanks
    -L

    Learner, Jan 10, 2006
  4. Learner

    sloan Guest

    You can also get the

    EnterpriseLibrary

    It has a data access code, along with alot of other stuff.

    EnterpriseLibrary (esp the data) does NOT replace your correct DataLayer,
    but acts as a helper for it.

    My general rule of thumb is:

    The (MyApplication).DataLayer returns
    DataSets
    IDataReaders
    Scalars
    null(nothing) (for Inserts , Updates and Deletes where there isn't return
    rows or values)

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/entlib.asp
    or
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/EntLib2.asp