Designing a 3 teir architecture at our development environment.

Learner

HI Friends,
I work for a small company and we have 6,7 web applications built
and few more in the pipeline. I have created a 3 tier architecture for
one application and it works fine. Now, i am thinking to create a
generic BL and DL for all the applications that already have and also
for the applications that we were going to develop in future. So i need
all your valuble inputs here or else atleast suggest me with useful
articles on how to develop and maintain a generic 3 teir architecture
in our scenario.

thanks
-L

Guest

Learner

HI Brians,
Thank you for the replay. I will buy those books asap. I also looked
at your website and its interesting to know that you are very
knowledgeble in developing web application using ASP.NET. I also need
one more suggestion. We are working on developing a brand new web
application for our business. The application is still in requirements
gathering phase. We are planning on developing this web application
using ASP.NET 2.0 and Sqlserver 2005. Whats would be your say on this?
As far as our comfortability in using the new asp.net 2.0 is we
downloaded VWD and listen the free video demos @
www.learnvisualstudio.net. We are kinda ok with it and made our minds
using the new asp.net 2.0 and buying visual studio 2005 and sql server
2005. Please provide your valueble inputs on this.
thanks
-L

sloan

You can also get the

EnterpriseLibrary

It has a data access code, along with alot of other stuff.

EnterpriseLibrary (esp the data) does NOT replace your correct DataLayer,
but acts as a helper for it.

My general rule of thumb is:

The (MyApplication).DataLayer returns
DataSets
IDataReaders
Scalars
null(nothing) (for Inserts , Updates and Deletes where there isn't return
rows or values)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/entlib.asp
or
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/EntLib2.asp