Designing a co-processor

Andreas

Hi!

I have a question about processor designing.

I'm designing a co-processor at school that has to implement about 10
st different ‘C' algorithms. I can see that with an acu, alu, mult,
ports and a ROM-ctrl this could be accomplished, but I'm looking for a
more ‘full custom' solution. I'm using a tool to translate C-code to a
processor architecture, and this tool, I can provide with both
standard components like the ones above, but also with my own
components.

Now I wonder how can I find out if there might be a special order in
that operations often are preformed in my algorithm to be able to
build customized blocks that performs all of this operations ‘in one
go'.

I also would like to find out the data dependencies in my algorithms
to be able to see what operations that can be preformed in parallel.

Is there any tools for doing this?