    could point me in the right direction?

    All help much appreciated,

    Orisopha

    Orisopha, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Orisopha

    Simon Biber Guest

    "Orisopha" <> wrote:
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I'm currently doing a University Assignment in which I'm required to
    > design a simple command line FTP client. I was wondering if anyone
    > could point me in the right direction?

    This is off-topic on comp.lang.c as the question is not about the C
    programming language. It would be better asked on comp.programming.

    However, here is the definitive document describing FTP:
    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc959.html

    --
    Simon.

    Simon Biber, Nov 1, 2003

  3. Orisopha

    James Hu Guest

    On 2003-11-01, Orisopha <> wrote:
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I'm currently doing a University Assignment in which I'm required to
    > design a simple command line FTP client. I was wondering if anyone
    > could point me in the right direction?
    >
    > All help much appreciated,
    >
    > Orisopha

    Not really topical here, but you should start with:

    - a good C programming reference, such as K&R2. (use comp.lang.c
    for C questions)
    - the FTP RFCs, starting with RFC-0959, and depending on how complete
    you implementation has to be, look at RFC-2228, RFC-2640, and
    RFC-2773. (use comp.protocols.tcp-ip for questions).
    - source code to existing FTP client implementations
    - a good Network programming reference, but which reference you should
    obtain will depend on your platform. If UNIX, you should probably
    get UNIX Network Programming by the late great W. Richard Stevens.
    (which newsgroup will likely depend on what platform you are
    on, but you can probably ask on comp.protocols.tcp-ip, or maybe
    comp.unix.programmer if you are programming on UNIX).

    -- James

    James Hu, Nov 1, 2003
  4. Groovy hepcat Orisopha was jivin' on 1 Nov 2003 10:11:07 -0800 in
    comp.lang.c.
    Designing an FTP Client's a cool scene! Dig it!

    >I'm currently doing a University Assignment in which I'm required to
    >design a simple command line FTP client. I was wondering if anyone
    >could point me in the right direction?

    Sure, comp.programming is that way ->

    http://alphalink.com.au/~phaywood/

    Peter Shaggy Haywood, Nov 6, 2003