Designing on VS.2003 is terrible

Guest

I use VS 2003. In VS 2003 design (page, table) is very difficult. FrontPage
is useful to design tables but FrontPage doesn't recognize asp.net panel
object.

I wonder whether VS 2005 is more easy to design.

Lucas Tam

I use VS 2003. In VS 2003 design (page, table) is very difficult.
FrontPage is useful to design tables but FrontPage doesn't recognize
asp.net panel object.

I wonder whether VS 2005 is more easy to design.

I use Macromedia Dreamweaver for design... VS (6.0, 2002, etc) has always
had bad HTML support and I hope VS.NET 2005 will have FAR better HTML
capabilities. Maybe Microsoft should just use FrontPage's HTML engine
instead.

Kevin Spencer

You're absolutely right. I use FrontPage to do my HTML, and then paste it
into Visual Studio, and program.

As for VS.Net 2005, no doubt it will be better. I just don't know if it will
be perfect. In the meantime, you now have a useful technique to employ.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Kevin Spencer

Maybe Microsoft should just use FrontPage's HTML engine

Hear hear! I've been telling Microsoft to do that for years now. Must be a
thorny issue.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Andy Fish

The worst thing is where just switching views causes it to reformat the
HTML, often mucking up significant whitespace as well as causing havoc if
you're using source-code control.

I've heard that whideby doesn't rewrite the HTML every time you switch from
design view to HTML view. I live in hope that it won't keep arbitrarily
deleting sections from the CodeBehind file as well.

--- Tim

Kevin Spencer said:
You're absolutely right. I use FrontPage to do my HTML, and then paste it
into Visual Studio, and program.

As for VS.Net 2005, no doubt it will be better. I just don't know if it
will be perfect. In the meantime, you now have a useful technique to
employ.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
.Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Mark Rae

I've heard that whideby doesn't rewrite the HTML every time you switch
from design view to HTML view.

It doesn't - hurrah!
I live in hope that it won't keep arbitrarily deleting sections from the
CodeBehind file as well.

Hmm - you're going to have to live in hope a little longer for that one...
:-(

Mythran

Mark Rae said:
It doesn't - hurrah!

Hmm - you're going to have to live in hope a little longer for that one...
:-(

Deleting sections in CodeBehind? I don't seem to have that problem, but
then again, I turned off all of the auto-formatting features that I could in
the configuration for the .Net IDE for all languages. With the exception of
auto-indenting using spaces. My html and code-behind no longer gets
reformatted and I don't have a problem of code being deleted :)

Mythran