DESPERATE FOR HELP! Please Read!

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Dave Navarro, Aug 19, 2004.

  1. Dave Navarro

    Dave Navarro Guest

    *** Sorry for the cross-posting, but this is an emergency ***

    My wife and I run a small web development company in Port Charlotte,
    Florida. We hosted our own clients on our own Windows web servers.

    Hurricane Charley came through and flattened the building our offices
    were located in. Fortunately, I had a bad feeling and decided to
    disconnect the two servers on Friday before the storm and bring them
    home with me.

    I actually have a T1 at my home that I can use in this type of
    situation, however the area where our home is located was also heavily
    damaged. Our home is fine (all superficial damage) and the T1 is
    actually up, but we're using the backup generator to run a small air
    conditioner and our refridgerator. I had designed our backup system to
    run the servers at home for a day or maybe two, but not a prolonged
    outage.

    I've got my personal computer up and running so that I can communicate
    with the world, but my servers are down. I need a dedicated Windows
    server to host about 30 sites. I need Remote access to the machine so
    that I can install some controls (JMail, etc.) and preferably I need SQL
    server 2000 pre-installed, but I can install it remotely if necessary.

    Here's the kicker, the Small Business Administration "excelerated"
    application process still takes three weeks. My available funds right
    now are severely limited. I only need the server for 60 to 90 days, so
    I don't want to sign a long-term contract and I need it dirt cheap.

    If you are located in Florida, outside of the hurricane zone and you can
    rent me space in your data center for two servers (mini ATX cases) for a
    couple of months cheap, I will drive to where you are.

    We host the web sites for all of the local Clear Channel radio stations
    in our area, so I can get you some media coverage and I will certainly
    recommend your service to everyone for the rest of my life if you can
    help me out (we do not do general web hosting, we only host the web
    sites of our web development customers... For people who call us for
    general web hosting I have been recommending GoDaddy, but I'll recommend
    you instead).

    If you can help me, please email sirbubbadawg at yahoo com

    Thanks!

    --Dave
    Dave Navarro, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Dave Navarro <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > *** Sorry for the cross-posting, but this is an emergency ***
    >
    > My wife and I run a small web development company in Port Charlotte,
    > Florida ...

    Even 419s are better than this.

    --
    Hywel
    Hywel Jenkins, Aug 27, 2004

  3. Dave Navarro

    Auric__ Guest

    On 27 Aug 2004 03:20:01 -0700, Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    >Dave Navarro <> wrote in message
    >> *** Sorry for the cross-posting, but this is an emergency ***
    >>
    >> My wife and I run a small web development company in Port Charlotte,
    >> Florida ...

    >Even 419s are better than this.

    Yeah, except that this particular fellow is on the level. He hosts &
    runs basicguru.com, and he worked at PowerBASIC for a few years.
    --
    auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com
    *****
    Auric__, Aug 27, 2004