Desperate please help with XmlSerializer, IXmlSerializable and XmlSchemaProvider

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by peter.moss@gmail.com, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Please, please help me - I am desperate.

    I have a scenario where I need to send out my object schema in the
    WSDL. After hunting I found many posts (on MSDN and google) explaining
    that the way to do this is by using the poorly documented
    IXmlSerializable interface and the XmlSchemaProvider attribute.

    I've done this and it works great - my Schema now comes out correctly
    in the WSDL.

    Unfortunately, the side effect is that de/serialization no longer
    works. Why? Because I have to reimiplement the ReadXml() and
    WriteXml() methods manually. But I don't want to - I like the way the
    ..NET framework serizlizes and deserializes objects. I've seen the code
    in Reflector - it is HUGE. So how do I pass the power back to .NET to
    do the de/serialization?

    Though, as time has gone on I have discovered that no validation occurs
    and the only way to do this is to use the ReadXml() method to validate
    the incoming XML. So how do I do this (I guess with an
    XmlValidatingReader)?

    So two questions really:
    1) How to hand back power to .NET for de/serizliation using the
    IXmlSerializable interface
    2) How to do validation in the ReadXml method and then pass the
    responsibility back to .NET for deserialization.

    Please, please, please help me - I am at my whits end.

    , Apr 10, 2006