Desperately looking for suggestions : SoapExtension

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by VSK, Aug 1, 2003.

  1. VSK

    VSK Guest

    Hi all

    Working on web services for the first time........I am really getting
    desperate...I've been trying to get this done sicne yesterday..with no
    success...:

    I have written a SOAP EXTENSION for my web service to check for Exception in
    Soapmessage and does the errorhandling(logging into db/file/eventlog).

    Now when i enter into database i will get an errorid which has to displayed
    to the client.(so that they can refer that id when there are any problems)

    Is it possible to do this by using SoapHeader.
    I have been reading some articles in which they add headers in the request.

    The same way iis it possible to have headers or something in response......

    Please let me know the alternatives.........

    TIA
    VSK

    VSK, Aug 1, 2003