Desperately need help for html to LaTeX conversion

Discussion in 'HTML' started by vasan999@hotmail.com, Oct 15, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Because my previous thread had no reply that could help
    me, I start it again.

    I am very depressed now with the following problem.

    I have a set of html files, must be human readable (as some of the
    output tools produce human readable LaTeX)

    that I want to convert to human readable latex.

    The program by
    http://in.geocities.com/ad_rab/

    produces human unreadable tex. and i could not see the compiled
    resulting dvi.

    The gnu program produces human readable latex, but does not handle all
    the tags.

    the C program by Faase ??? produces human readable latex but misses a
    few tags.

    The C program is unreadable by me so I cant modify it.

    On sourceforge there are two programs one in Perl and the other in
    Java.

    The perl one does not run due to path problems.

    The java one produces complicated latex, possibly human readable, but
    that does not compile so I could not see its quality.

    Does someone have a program? I prefer a well documented and fully
    commented program that one can modify or one that can do the job
    without the need for understanding its operation.

    Please help. The situation is very desperate.

    Vasantha

    Is there a html-merging tool that can merge a set of html files into a
    single html file and resolve the links and cross-references with
    minimal changes to the rest of the portions of the html, ie not
    scramble the rest of the file.

    I know some awk/perl/sed/python will do it.

    , Oct 15, 2007

  2. ynotssor Guest

    In news:,
    <> wrote:

    > The perl one does not run due to path problems.

    Nothing could be easier to fix than that.

    ynotssor, Oct 15, 2007

  3. Legend Guest

    On Oct 15, 1:24 pm, "ynotssor" <> wrote:
    > Innews:,
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > > The perl one does not run due to path problems.

    > Nothing could be easier to fix than that.

    I don't know if this could solve your problem atleast to a little
    extent but try this once:

    http://www.htmldoc.org/

    Legend, Oct 17, 2007