Destroy COM object

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Jenny, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Jenny

    Jenny Guest

    Hi all,

    my ASP.NET page generates an COM object which is filled
    with a lot of data (approx. 30 MB).
    It is then stored in the Application-Collection to be
    accessible for all users of the page.

    Under some conditions I don't need this COM object anymore
    and like it to be destroyed.
    I'm using the following code to destroy this object:

    Application.Lock()
    Application.RemoveAll()
    Application.Clear()
    Application.UnLock()
    GC.Collect()
    GC.WaitForPendingFinalizers()

    But the Private Memory Size increases instead of descreasing!!
    Why???

    Thanks in advance for all help!

    Jenny

    Jenny, Jul 21, 2003