Detailed error message

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by John, Oct 12, 2004.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hi

    I have uploaded a working script to a remote shared web host. Now all I get
    is the below error. Is there a way to get detailed error message that
    describes the error and where it occurs?

    Thanks

    Regards

    The page cannot be displayed
    There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot
    be displayed.

    Please try the following:

    a.. Open the www.mydomain.co.uk home page, and then look for links
    to the information you want.
    b.. Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

    c.. Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
    d.. You can also see a list of related sites.

    HTTP 500 - Internal server error
    Internet Explorer

    John, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Set your browser to show detailed error messages first.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109 In a default IIS configuration, more
    details are sent, but it is possible that your host turned off that setting.

    Ray at home

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 12, 2004