Detailsview and stored Proc

TdarTdar

Using the following example:

<asp:DetailsView ID="DetailsView1" runat="server"
DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" Height="1px"
Width="100%">
<RowStyle Wrap="False" />
</asp:DetailsView>

ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:Main_SystemConnectionString1 %>"
SelectCommand="GETOLDSHIPRECORD" SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure">
<SelectParameters>
<asp:QueryStringParameter Name="TNUMBER"
QueryStringField="tnumber" Type="String" Size="6" />
</SelectParameters>
</asp:SqlDataSource>

The Stored Procedure example is:

Create Procedure [GETOLDSHIPRECORD]
@Tnumber INT
DECLARE @RETURNVAL varchar(3)
as
IF (@Tnumber > 400000)
Begin
Set @ReturnVal = "NO"
End
Else
Begin
Set @ReturnVal = "YES"
End
Select @ReturnVAL as [OLD ORDER]
GO

What is the event triggered after this stored procedure is triggered and
writen to the screen. (in vb)
I tried a few thing but could not get it working.

Thanks
Tdar

Phillip Williams

OOps. I meant SqlDataSource.Selected event. (The SqlDataSource object to
which the DetailsView is databound.)

Phillip Williams said:
DetailsVeiw.Selected event
--
[note: if this post answers your question, you can mark it as an answer
using the web-based newsreader functions]

TdarTdar said:
[...]

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for Phillip's suggestion.

Hi Tdar,

If what you want do is perform some post-processing after the DataSource
control execute the select store procedure, I think Phillip's suggestion on
utilizing the DataSource's Selected event is reasonable. Also, the updated,
deleted.... events are the corresponding ones for post-processing Update,
Delete... operation...

If there're any other particular problem on this, please feel free to post
here.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: "=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?="
<[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Detailsview and stored Proc
| Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:03:21 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
|
| OOps. I meant SqlDataSource.Selected event. (The SqlDataSource object
| which the DetailsView is databound.)
|
| "Phillip Williams" wrote:
|
| > DetailsVeiw.Selected event
| > --
| > [note: if this post answers your question, you can mark it as an answer
| > using the web-based newsreader functions]
| > -----
| > HTH,
| > Phillip Williams
| > http://www.societopia.net
| > http://www.webswapp.com
| >

| > "TdarTdar" wrote:
| >
| > > Using the following example:
| > >
| > > <asp:DetailsView ID="DetailsView1" runat="server"
| > > DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" Height="1px"
| > > Width="100%">
| > > <RowStyle Wrap="False" />
| > > </asp:DetailsView>
| > >
| > > <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server"
| > > ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:Main_SystemConnectionString1
%>"
| > > SelectCommand="GETOLDSHIPRECORD"
SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure">
| > > <SelectParameters>
| > > <asp:QueryStringParameter Name="TNUMBER"
| > > QueryStringField="tnumber" Type="String" Size="6" />
| > > </SelectParameters>
| > > </asp:SqlDataSource>
| > >

| > > The Stored Procedure example is:
| > >
| > > Create Procedure [GETOLDSHIPRECORD]
| > > @Tnumber INT
| > > DECLARE @RETURNVAL varchar(3)
| > > as
| > > IF (@Tnumber > 400000)
| > > Begin
| > > Set @ReturnVal = "NO"
| > > End
| > > Else
| > > Begin
| > > Set @ReturnVal = "YES"
| > > End
| > > Select @ReturnVAL as [OLD ORDER]
| > > GO
| > >

| > > What is the event triggered after this stored procedure is triggered
and
| > > writen to the screen. (in vb)
| > > I tried a few thing but could not get it working.
| > >
| > > Thanks
| > > Tdar

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Tdar,

Does our suggestion help you a little? If there're anything else we can
help, please feel free to post here.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
| Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 06:20:58 GMT
| Subject: RE: Detailsview and stored Proc
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
|
| Thanks for Phillip's suggestion.
|
| Hi Tdar,
|
| If what you want do is perform some post-processing after the DataSource
| control execute the select store procedure, I think Phillip's suggestion
on
| utilizing the DataSource's Selected event is reasonable. Also, the
updated,
| deleted.... events are the corresponding ones for post-processing Update,
| Delete... operation...
|
| If there're any other particular problem on this, please feel free to
post
| here.
|
| Thanks,
|
| Steven Cheng
| Microsoft Online Support

| rights.)
| --------------------
| | From: "=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?="
| <[email protected]>
| | Subject: RE: Detailsview and stored Proc
| | Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:03:21 -0800
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
| | which the DetailsView is databound.)
| |
| | "Phillip Williams" wrote:
| |
| | > DetailsVeiw.Selected event
| | > --
| | > [note: if this post answers your question, you can mark it as an
answer
| | > using the web-based newsreader functions]
| | > -----
| | > HTH,
| | > Phillip Williams
| | > http://www.societopia.net
| | > http://www.webswapp.com

ConnectionStrings:Main_SystemConnectionString1
| %>"
| SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure">

| and

| |