    Also I tried to set the defaultmode to insert mode, but i found i can't
    cancel the inserting.

    thanks in advance.
    Eric Zhao, Aug 30, 2005

  2. Eric Zhao

    Brock Allen Guest

    What DataSource control are you using? The problem is that the DetailsView
    needs to know a 'template' of what the insert data should be, so it calls
    the SelectMethod to get an example of what to automatically build for ther
    insert. If you're using an ODS and your select method returns null then the
    DetailsView has no idea what fields to make available.

    The other solution is to build the InsertTemplate for each value manually.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Aug 30, 2005