DetailsView - Index out of range error ...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Annie, Nov 25, 2006.

  1. Annie

    Annie Guest

    Hi guys,

    I am trying the get the values of DetailsView controls once the user Clicks
    the Update button ..
    I do as below:

    Protected Sub dvCustomers_ItemUpdating(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DetailsViewUpdateEventArgs) Handles
    dvCustomers.ItemUpdating

    Try

    ''MsgBox(e.OldValues.Item(0)) '''this doesn't work

    MsgBox(e.NewValues.Item(0))

    Catch ex As Exception

    MsgBox(ex.Message)

    End Try

    End Sub

    But it raises, the Index out of rage ... Even I tried 1 etc but non of them
    works.

    What is wrong here?

    thx
    Annie, Nov 25, 2006