    so I don't have til make everything (including validation controls) twice ?

    Best Regards

    Ole

    Ole Kirkholt, Sep 25, 2008

  2. Ole Kirkholt

    cmeek1_1999 Guest

    If you do not specify an inserting template, the editing template will be used.
    The save button needs an "insert" or "update" string, so you can create
    a protected property UpdateOrInsert which returns
    FormView1.CurrentMode != FormViewMode.Insert ? "Update" : "Insert";
    Specify CommandName='<%# UpdateOrInsert %>' for the save button.

    Regards,

    Carlo Mekenkamp

    cmeek1_1999, Sep 25, 2008

  3. Ole Kirkholt

    Ole Kirkholt Guest

    Hello again

    I have tried this, but it is not working on inserts.

    When I want to insert a record by setting the formview's defaultmode to
    Insert, the property isn't read, and therefore the commandtext isn't updated.

    Is there any other way/event that can be used to set the CommandText of a
    linkbutton, of to force the form til save the new record ?¨

    Best Regards

    Ole Kirkholt

    Ole Kirkholt, Sep 26, 2008
  4. Ole Kirkholt

    cmeek1_1999 Guest

    Dit you use a FormView1.DataBind()?
    In the PageLoad I mostly DataBind all controls:
    if (!IsPostBack)
    {
    FormView1.DataBind();
    }